Friday, March 21, 2008

Time to change


Most people are averse to change - something like the caterpillar in the above picture. I am no exception to this. If things are going smoothly and life is quite comfortable, I find myself dreading the time when status quo will be upset. I prefer to live in my little cocoon, trying to shield myself from change. But, change is inevitable. As Ram would always say, 'The only thing constant in Life is Change". And, change is good. Change - and the need for it - results in inventions, developments and thus, progress. If we extrapolate Darwin's theory to day-to-day life, we see that the Nature is dynamic, forever changing. The changing climate puts a selection pressure on us, living organisms. So, the victors in this struggle for existence are those that can adapt quickly and aptly to the changing environment. So, the ability to at least accept, if not appreciate, change is the key to success. So, it is time to change and start liking Change :)

Well, it is known that Variety is the spice of Life, and, who wouldn't want to spice up their Life?? :)

3 comments:

Nissim said...

I disagree...was planning to write on how the basic question in my life hasn't changed for years...have done that.

Also, mints produce more and more coins everyday...so change CANNOT be constant :P

Bastet said...

Blah! Trust u to crack a PJ :P

AlterinG Abhishek said...

he he!
i am reverse..
if something around me does not change for a while i get uncomfy...

change is the best driver for newness freshness and growth!!