Friday, June 11, 2010

The thrill of something new...

Applied the new design to my blog.. and I am mighty thrilled about it!! Something new never fails to excite me - the new -20 freezer in the lab, a new set of pipettes, a new cuisine, a new soap to try, a new kurta to wear.. There's a strange thrill, a sense of a tiny adventure associated with something new.

Reminds me of what Prati once said - "You are like a kid- always thrilled with something new. But, as I think of it, I see something new in the everyday things; and I don't need a novelty to give me that thrill!" How true. When something is new, we look at it with wonder. Soon, comfort replaces the awe; familiarity breeds contempt and, we stop marveling at it. How nice it would be , never to lose that marvel, never to outgrow the charm of everyday life....

3 comments:

Nissim said...

i hope this applies to me :)

Vijayanth said...

Let me guess..

You've used Blogger In Draft... :)

Anubha said...

i can totally relate :) just yesterday, the thought of trying out the new body bath made me stop brooding over something and made me get up with a smile!

it'd be nice if we could find something to look forward to everyday..

you write so well!! :)