Tuesday, May 15, 2007

There's many a slip between the cup and the lip

Came back last Tuesday. Had come with foolproof plans of what to do in this year's break. According to me, I would return home, relax a bit, give GRE, go to mumbai, finish the paper and the convo, come back to a year's training at NCBS, app, and go for a PhD.
Came back. Dial up at home sucked. Tried to take a broadband connection. Thousand and one vignas [obstacles] to getting one. Then, paper also seems a bit doubtful, till I put in active effort and fight for it. Udgaonkar hasn't replied, so, looks like I've gotta rule out NCBS. Rest of the plans are still waiting for something to come along and upset them.
Well, as Burns says "the best laid plans of mice and men gang aft agley" So, was feeling somewhat trepidacious today, unsure of what to do if this idea of taking an year's break back-fired and I was left with no position in hand, India or abroad. Then, managed to shrug off that idea and tried infusing myself with confidence, told myself that I wasn't so hopeless and I could sure work out something. Anyway, getting scared and just sitting isn't going to get me anywhere.. I would be better off working my ass off for something worthwhile :D
Anyway, even earlier, when my plans backfired, when I tried for something, wanted it badly, and dint get it, God has always given me something better. If some obstacles cant be surmounted, atleast we can go around it, or find another path :) So, no broadband at home, prob for sure, but found this nice iWay cybercafe close to home, which gives fast net for reasonable rates. If not NCBS, I can atleast try IISc. So, lemme see what will happen eventually. Till then, the mantra is to keep plodding. Karmanyeva adhikaaraste maa phaleshu kadaachana.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Lets sit down and discuss all your options tonight.

Sid said...

Well, you also have IIT as a backup... do go and talk to that NCBS chap once...

Nissim said...

Really glad NC of BS did not work out :P