Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Drifting apart

With valfis happening daily, and the parting just days away, it is but natural that one feels senti. There are people who are always restless, who are waiting for change, who like exploring. For them, moving on is a delight. They sure miss their friends, but they are excited about making new ones, and more thrilled by the change , so, they soon overcome the misery of parting. I , sadly, dont belong to that group. I do hate stagnancy, but I take quite a long time to reach that feeling of stagnancy!! As of now, I still feel as though I just entered IITB. I still marvel at so many things here. I grew up after I entered this people. The person who's leaving in 2007 is very different from the shy (well, sort of, :D), infi champu , naive person who left B'lore in 2005. The opportunities I got here were enormous . I did things which I never even dreamt of - monsoon treks, morning jogs, marathon dream run, becoming the music secretary, singing on stage, nite outs, midnite buffets, even tasting drinks , enjoying Mood I , learning french, dancing like crazy and much more!! I learnt to be independent, to be assertive, to be much more broad minded, more experimenting, learnt to be strong, learnt to believe in myself and my abilities, learnt to fight depression, and also, learnt to enjoy my own company!! I wanted to do much more too - couldn't get time for that - like learning swimming, participating in MoodI and PAF, learning to dance, etc.

It hurts - parting from friends, moving away from such a marvellous place, the loss of freedom - freedom given by the insti, and freedom given by a great city like Mumbai. Worst I guess, is the parting from friends. The kind of friends I made here have been really very special to me. I learnt what people meant by hostel bonding. There must be hardly anything we dint share - joys, sorrows, craziness, food, clothes .. the list is endless. And, now we have to part...

Rashmi's grandmother once wisely said " Just like logs of wood floating in the ocean, brought together by the sea, stay together for a while, and are again separated by the waves; So are people - brought together by fate, stay together for a while - and again the waves separate them." But, when I related this to Karthik, he said, "But you know, there's a great diff between us and the logs. While they can't swim, we can!" How true! We can swim, we can try and fight the tide. So, what if we are moving away from IITB, we are surely not moving apart. The bonds forged here are strong. Strong enough to withstand separations across time and space. And, I am sure of my friends and of myself - that we would never lose touch . The frequency of calls might decrease, the separation pangs would surely decrease with time, but the feelings never would. And, when we got back together, we could surely continue from where we left off - and, always, there would be laughter, joys and smiles....... forever!!

4 comments:

wander1ust said...

Ha! An eyes right-up :)

Sid said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sid said...

As usual, just friendship on people's minds when they are leaving :D Me got one more year here :( so let's see how I react to my farewell next year :P

Unknown said...

"There must be hardly anything we dint share"

..mmmmmmmm.....